Elvis: Spliced Takes | Ghetto Power 2 CD Set
March 28, 2019
Elvis Presley Bootlegs, Elvis CD News, Elvis News
Including all tracks recorded and presented in a way as if it is one long session without pauses, this one kicks some serious A...
New splices create some extremely rare portions and extended versions and make them all sound brand new! Also some Dubbed masters are spliced with Undubbed for a new listening experience.
Disc one starts off with a five (!) minute version of 'Long Black Limousine' just listen to the emotion in his voice!
'This is the Story' has been created from the undubbed master, with some portions of the normal master, gives a totally new feel to the song.
A Little Bit of Green (4:28 minutes!) has an unusual rehearsal version spliced with some alternate takes, because of the slower pace of the rehearsal the producers have also slowed down these takes and it works very well, so you can enjoy a really different performance!
'Rubberneckin' rocks like never before due to the addition of the first 'licks' of take 1
The extra chorus at the end of 'Without Love' gives the song (if possible) an even more emotional 'load'
'Suspicious Minds' includes a spliced version, some rehearsal portions and at the end we get the original master hit version... which was worth all the hard work and still rocks after all these years!
After almost 80 minutes it's time for disc two!
Again some cool extensions make them all sound very, very different.
'The Grass Won't Pay No Mind' (3:49 minutes) has been edited very cleverly at the end and brings you more 'Elvis' than before. 'Power of My Love' has a much longer intro, but due to the use of different takes (8 splices!), it all sounds very natural. On 'Kentucky Rain' (5:22 minutes) Elvis does his own backing with the 'Rain in my shoes' lyrics and the first verse has been repeated
We could go on, but almost all the tracks on this smash release sound new and fresh, and although every Elvis fan probably has at least 10 releases of these sessions. This is the one we've been waiting for..... for 50 years!
- Long Black Limousine - Spliced take 5,2,6,9
- This is The Story - Alternate master
- Wearin'That Loved-On Look - Spliced take 11,14
- You'll Think of Me - Spliced take 1,6,14,8
- I'm Movin' On - Alternate Master *
- A Little Bit of Green - Rehearsal, take 2, 3, Rehearsal
- In the Ghetto - Spliced take 5,7,13
- Gentle On My Mind - Vocal Repair *
- Rubberneckin' - Spliced take 1,2
- Hey Jude - Spliced take 1,5
- My Little Friend - Undubbed extended Master
- Inherit the Wind - Spliced rehearsal/take 1
- Mama Liked the Roses - Vocal Overdub #2 *
- Don't Cry Daddy - Alternate Master
- Poor Man's Gold - Spliced take 1 (edit)
- From A Jack To A King - Spliced take 4,5,3
- Without Love - Spliced take 3,4,1,1
- I'll Hold You In My Heart - take 1 (edit)
- I'll Be There - Spliced take 2,3 *
- Suspicious Minds - Spliced take 5,5,7
- Suspicious Minds - Take 8 *
- Come Out, Come Out - Instrumental take 2 *
- Stranger in My Own Hometown - Alternate Master
- True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 2 *
- It's My Way/This Time/I Can't Stop Loving You *
- True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - take 8 *
- And the Grass Won't Pay No Mind - Spliced take 3,2,5,6,6,6,6
- Power of My Love - Spliced take 2,3,3,1,1,1,3,3
- After Loving You - Spliced take 2,3
- Do You Know Who I Am? - Spliced take 6,7,4
- Kentucky Rain - Spliced take 8,2,3,8,9,10
- Only the Strong Survive - Alternate Master
- It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'- Spliced take 1,1,1,1,2
- Any Day Now - Spliced take 3,4
- If I'm A Fool - Spliced take 2,3,6,7
- The Fair's Moving On - Spliced Master
- Who Am I? - Spliced Extended Master
- Memory Revival - Instrumental *
* Previously Released
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.