Elvis Sessions From Clambake 3 CD Set
June 14, 2019
Most tracks have been released before, but never before in such pristine quality!!!
Clambake the movie was definitely not Elvis' finest moment but the soundtrack from 1967 does have some noteworthy songs. Elvis was tired of making the same movies again and again and it's around this time that they had to force him to come to the studio.
Elvis was looking for new challenges, as can be heard in the famous 'Guitar Man' sessions. Victrola team is happy to bring you a lot of material with several unreleased outtakes of these sessions including stereo takes which were previously only available in mono.
Also presented here for the very first time are the 'U. S. Male' outtakes which have only been released on an old CD called 'Going Home' which was heavily noise reduced, resulting in a very unnatural, artificial sound. Finally, we present this session material the right way!
For the first time also, we release the stereo versions of the home recordings of '500 Miles' and 'Blowing In The Wind'!
All tracks have been digitally restored and mastered in a renowned sound studio. This 3CD-set is presented in a stunning looking digipack. Do not miss your opportunity to obtain an ultimate 'Clambake' release from Victrola label! If you enjoyed our 'Avventura In Oriente', then we are absolutely sure that you will love this new 3CD-set too!
Elvis Sessions From Clambake 3 CD Set.
01. Clambake (master)
02. Hey, Hey, Hey (master)
03. How Can You Lose What You Never Had (master)
04. You Don't Know Me (master)
05. The Girl I Never Loved (master)
06. Guitar Man (unedited master)
07. Big Boss Man (master)
08. Who Needs Money (master)
09. A House That Has Everything (master)
10. Confidence (master)
11. Just Call Me Lonesome (master)
12. Singing Tree (master)
13. Clambake (demo by Glen Campbell)
14. How Can You Lose What You Never Had (demo by Glen Campbell)
15. Clambake (an alternate song-unused demo by Winfield Scott)
16. Guitar Man (takes 1-5)
17. You Don't Know Me (movie version, takes 1-3)
18. A House That Has Everything (takes 2 & 3)
19. The Girl I Never Loved (takes 4 & 5)
20. Singing Tree (take 1)
21. You Don't Know Me (movie version, takes 7 & 10)
22. Big Boss Man (takes 1 & 2)
23. Just Call Me Lonesome (take 4)
01. Clambake (bluesy reprise, take 3)
02. You Don't Know Me (movie version, takes 12 & 13)
03. How Can You Lose What You Never Had (takes 1 & 2)
04. Big Boss Man (takes 3-9)
05. Guitar Man (takes 6-9)
06. Just Call Me Lonesome (takes 5 & 6)
07. Singing Tree (takes 2-4)
08. You Don't Know Me (movie version, take 18)
09. Clambake (V.O. takes 1-3B)
10. Hey, Hey, Hey (takes 3-6)
11. The Girl I Never Loved (takes 8, 10 & 11)
12. How Can You Lose What You Never Had (take 3)
13. Singing Tree (remake, takes 1-3)
14. Guitar Man (takes 10 & 11)
15. Hey, Hey, Hey (takes 7 & 8)
16. Clambake (take 5)
17. U. S. Male (take 1-LFS)
18. The Prisoners Song (jam)
19. Hi-Heel Sneakers (take 1-LFS)
20. You Don't Know Me (remake, take 1)
21. Clambake movie trailer
22. Clambake radio commercial
01. U. S. Male (take 2-2 FS + LFS)
02. Stay Away (guitar overdub by Jerry Reed - take 1)
03. Hi-Heel Sneakers (take 5)
04. You Don't Know Me (remake, take 2)
05. Mine (takes 1-3)
06. U. S. Male (takes 3 & 4)
07. Hi-Heel Sneakers (takes 6 & 7)
08. Stay Away (guitar overdub by Jerry Reed-take 2)
09. Mine (take 4 - complete)
10. A House That Has Everything (takes 4-6)
11. U. S. Male (takes 5-7)
12. Hi-Heel Sneakers (unedited master)
13. Mine (unused instrumental version, takes 5-7)
14. U. S. Male (takes 8-10)
15. Stay Away (movie version)
16. Who Needs Money (movie version)
17. Confidence (movie version)
18. The Girl I Never Loved (movie version)
19. You Don't Know Me (movie version)
20. U. S. Male (take 11-complete)
21. Mine (takes 8 & 9)
22. Mine (take 13)
23. 500 Miles (stereo version)
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.