Spliced takes: 'Still in Memphis' CD
January 30, 2018
Elvis Presley Bootlegs, Elvis CD News, Elvis News
Featuring all new edits, CMT truly has been able to produce eight (8) great 'new' albums, using many incomplete takes, to create beautiful new tracks. The professional edits will blow you away and will make you believe these are unreleased takes. Some new 'alternate masters' were made and the result is amazing; (just listen to the sample below!) There are no fake overdubs, but some tracks have been overdubbed, using snippets from the actual 'recording sessions'. Elvis fans have been spoiled over the years, and they all know ... 'the end is near' as almost every complete take available has been released, so this is as close as you can get for a 'New' album, an album - which won't leave your player for some time! (promise!)
Each set comes in a 'Deluxe Digipack' with beautiful artwork, and is strictly limited to 500 copies!
'Way Down' - Starts of with the band fooling around, Elvis joins the fun and it runs straight into the song!
'Wearin' That Loved On Look' - Over six (!!) splices make a very different version, with extra verses and piano solo.
'I'm Movin' On' - This splice includes ALL verses done by Elvis and runs longer than other versions. Same goes for 'Hey Jude', which also sounds very fresh.
'She Thinks I Still Care' - One of THE highlights probably, Here Elvis starts off with the slower version, James takes over and off they go into the faster version, this works very good, and maybe should have been released like this!
'Good Time Charlie's Lost His Mind' - The title was renamed for fun, and that's what we are getting here, a nice complete take with lots of fooling around.
'Suspicious Minds' - What's a 'Memphis' release without this classic, because some rare parts are used, this one again sound very different to previous releases outtakes.
'Do You Know Who I Am' - Just listen to the 'harmony' ending, very nice to hear two different sounding Elvis voices.
Full track listing:
- Way Down - Alternate Master
- For the Heart - Spliced take 1,4
- Wearin' That Loved On Look - Spliced Take 12,13,14,15,13,9
- I'm Movin' On - Alternate Master
- If You Don't Come Back - Spliced take 8,6,3
- For Ole Time Sake - Spliced take 5,6,7,4
- I've Got A Thing About You Baby - Spliced take 8,10,8,11,14
- Hey Jude - Spliced take 5,1,7,7
- Promised Land - Alternate master
- There's A Honky Tonk Angel - Spliced take 6,7,1
- Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall - Spliced take 3,5,6
- She Thinks I Still Care - Spliced take 7,15
- Help Me - Spliced take Fs/Undubbed Master
- Girl of Mine - Spliced take 3,6,9
- In the Ghetto - Spliced take 2,3
- It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin' - Spliced take 1,2
- Good Time Charlie's Lost His Mind
- Never Again - Spliced take 1,9
- The Last Farewell - Spliced take 1,5
- Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain - Spliced take 1,2,4
- She Wears My Ring - Spliced Take 7,4,8,8,8
- Inherit the Wind - Alternate Master
- Suspicious Minds - Spliced take 2,1,4,6
- Do You Know Who I Am - Alternate Master
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.