Elvis: 'Spliced Takes Nashville Revisited' CD
July 1, 2017
Elvis Presley Bootlegs, Elvis CD News, Elvis News
Devil In Disguise, for example, does not fade out but has a great new ending, including two guitar solos.
Gold In The Mountains has been overdubbed with a more fuller drumbeat on some parts and has been extended.
Like A Baby 'you do the intro' Elvis said during the session, but here, we have Elvis himself playing it, and on the end, the guitar has been included once more.
Dirty, Dirty Feeling sounds so much different since lots of parts from the session have been included, and it's Elvis who does the ending 'Gone...' instead of Ray Walker.
Stranger In The Crowd, no complete outtake of this song exists, here we get an extended 'rehearsal' version, which sounds wonderful
It Ain't No Big Thing, again our man does the intro, and a very different version is made.
I'll Never Know here outtakes are combined with the master overdubs.
On the first 'Nashville' most tracks were from the sixties. Here we get a good portion of seventies selections, and well as a fifties track, all recorded in Nashville.
- Devil in Disguise - Alternate Master
- Please Don't Drag That String Around - Spliced take 3,4,5,5
- Gold in the Mountains - Spliced overdubbed master
- Like A Baby - Alternate Master
- Soldier Boy - Spliced take 2,7
- Thrill of Your Love - Spliced take fs,2,1,3,1
- I Got Stung - Spliced take 18,20
- She's Not You - Spliced take 3/WP 5 (overdub)
- Put the Blame on Me - Spliced take fs,fs,fs,2
- Dirty, Dirty Feeling - Alternate Master
- Kiss Me Quick - Spliced take 5,6
- Western Union - Spliced take 2,3,1,2
- His Latest Flame - Spliced take 10,12
- By and By - Spliced take 1,3,4
- Joshua Fit the Battle - Spliced take 3,2
- I Believe in the Man in the Sky - Spliced take 3,4,1
- Big Boss Man - Spliced take 5,9
- It Ain't No Big Thing - Spliced take 1,2,6
- Just Pretend - Spliced take 1,2
- Stranger in the Crowd - Spliced Rehearsal
- Cindy Cindy 1,2,1,1
- Heart of Rome - Spliced take 3/ workpart 1
- I'll Never Know - Alternate 'Overdubbed' Master
- It Hurts Me - Spliced take 3,4,5
- I John - Spliced take 1,1,2
- Padre - Spliced take 8,11 (undubbed)
- Amazing Grace - Spliced take 1,2
- In The Garden - Spliced Take 2,3
- Early Morning Rain - Alternate Master
- Until It's Time For You To Go - Spliced take 7,8
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.