Elvis: Duets And Harmonies CD
Duets include: Lisa Marie Presley, Connie Francis, Ray Charles, Cliff Richard, Anita Wood, Dale Watson, Kitty White, Charlie Hodge, Michael Buble, Nancy Sinatra, Ann Margret, J.D. Sumner, Barbara Streisand, Dolly Parton, Helene Fischer, Jerry Reed, Celine Dion, Shaun Nielsen, The Gatlin Brothers and Glen Cambell!
Just listen to the beautiful duet between Elvis and Dolly Parton, this version of 'In the Ghetto' is very different from the original, and stands on its own... it could have been a great release for a record, and without a doubt would have topped the charts!
'Ray Charles' provides a great 'orchestrated' version of 'I'll Never Stand In Your Way' where a very young Elvis joins him as if he was singing along with the record at home, the same goes for 'My Happiness' with 'Connie Francis'. 'Ike and Tina Turner' start of 'easy' and Elvis takes over with a very 'rough' rockin' version of 'Proud Mary'. The 1958 duet 'Crawfish' featuring Kitty White and Elvis has been re-edited now this really is a duet version which works very well!
Another highlight is the included version of 'Softly, As I Leave You' ... 'Michael Buble' sings the song, where Elvis recites the words.. in the end 'Shaun Nielsen' joins in to make a breathtaking ending which leaves you with goosebumps!
'Elvis: Duets And Harmonies' CD.
'JD Sumner' takes the lead, where 'The Imperials' blend in to do the first part of 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot' , then Elvis and 'The Jordanaires' bring the song home!
Some harmony versions included in this set are also not to be missed! 'Fever' has Elvis singing multiple verses at once which sounds very rare and unusual.
'Kissin' Cousins' combines both the 'Hillbilly' overdub and the 'Regular' overdub... this is the only release where 'Josh and Jody' sing the whole song together!
'Baby, I Don't Care' has two very different sounding takes of Elvis, and does now sound like a nice duet!
Combine all these tracks with some great duets from earlier hard to find releases and you will have a very unusual new album including 28 tracks!
The artwork fits the release very well, inside all the stars have 'signed' their autograph, giving it an authentic touch since it is made just like a record album with fold-out sleeve.
- I Love You Because - with Lisa Marie Presley
- My Happiness - with Connie Francis
- Blue Suede Shoes - with Cliff Richard
- I Can't Help It - with Anita Wood
- I'll Never Stand in Your Way - with Ray Charles
- Baby, I Don't Care - Harmony version
- Tomorrow Night - with Dale Watson
- Crawfish - with Kitty White
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - with Michael Buble
- Santa Lucia - Harmony version
- I Will Be Home Again - with Charlie Hodge
- Fever - Harmony version
- Kissin' Cousins - Harmony version
- There Ain't Nothing Like A Song - with Nancy Sinatra
- Today, Tomorrow and Forever - with Ann Margret
- Let Me - Harmony Version
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot - with J.D. Sumner (featuring The Imperials and The Jordanaires)
- Love Me Tender - with Barbara Streisand
- Just Pretend - with Helene Fischer
- In the Ghetto - with Dolly Parton
- Proud Mary - featuring Ike and Tina Turner
- Guitar Man - with Jerry Reed
- If I Can Dream - with Celine Dion
- Softly, As I Leave You - with Michael Buble (featuring Sherril Nielsen)
- Bringing it Back - with Sherril Nielsen
- Help Me - with The Gatlin Brothers
- We Call on Him - with Glen Campbell
- Where No One Stands Alone - with Lisa Marie Presley
No part of any article on this site may be re-printed for public display without permission.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. + Plus Bonus DVD Audio.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD Video with Sound.