Elvis 40 Greatest Hits : 1975 Compilation CD Release
November 17, 2011 - 11:10:08 PM
Elvis Presley Bootleg CDs & DVDs, RP, Elvis CD News
- Stunning vinyl-look super deluxe double album glossy digipack.
- From the latest masters
- 18 rare and hard to find bonus tracks
- Original album artwork
- Limited Edition of 500 silver pressed copies
Tracklisting : Original Album : Disc One:
- My Baby Left Me
- Heartbreak Hotel
- Blue Suede Shoes
- Hound Dog
- Love Me Tender
- Got A Lot Of Livin' To Do
- (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- All Shook Up
- Old Shep
- Hard Headed Woman
- King Creole
- Jailhouse Rock
- A Big Hunk O' Love
- I Got Stung
- One Night
- (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
- I Need Your Love Tonight
- Stuck On You
- It's Now Or Never
- Are You Lonesome Tonight?
- Wooden Heart
- (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
- Wild In The Country
- There's Always Me
- Rock-A-Hula Baby
- Can't Help Falling In Love With You
- Good Luck Charm
- She's Not You
- Return To Sender
- (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Crying In The Chapel
- Guitar Man
- In The Ghetto
- Suspicious Minds
- There Goes My Everything
- Don't Cry Daddy
Bonus Tracks: : Musical Highlights 1954-1976
- Burning Love, - take 1, March 31, 1972 One of the last true rock and roll hits for The King. Here we have a rare version from the 'ELVIS ON TOUR' tapes
- Way Down - Spliced take , october 29/30, 1976 Recorded in the Jungle Room, in the privacy of Elvis' home. After Elvis' passing this song reached the number one position in the UK in august 1977
- Moody Blue - Overdubbed (edited) master, february 4/5, 1976 Title song of Elvis' last studio album and a huge European hit.
- How Great Thou Art - June 10, 1975 Great live version, recorded at the Midsouth Colliseum, one year after his grammy award winning version of this beautiful gospel song.
- What Now My Love - January 14, 1973 From Elvis' famous TV broadcast 'Aloha From Hawaii By Satellite' . A true materpiece.
- An American Trilogy, February 14, 1972 M.S. One of the highlights of an Elvis Presley Performance in the 1970s. This version was recorded 2 days before the original master version, which was released as a single in the same year.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water - August 12, 1970 M.S. Die hard Elvis fans believe this show was the best he ever did, this great version was not chosen for the movie, but could easily have made it to the final print.
- I Just Cant Help Believing, August 13, 1970 D.S. Another great song recorded during the third Vegas Engagement, although Elvis had trouble learning the lyrics, he produced an excellent live version released as a single, here is an alternate version recorded one day later.
- Polk Salad Annie - February 18, 1970 D.S. Another highlight and fan favorite of the Elvis Presley shows, introduced in his second Vegas Season
- Long Black Limousine - spliced take. This song set the standard for what would come. The very first song recorded at the American Sound Studios in 1969, could have easily, if released as a single, made it to the top ten.\
- A Little Less Conversation , June 24, 1968 (vocal overdubb) When Elvis opened his 1968 comeback special with the words: 'If Youre Looking for Trouble', little did he know that, a song recorded during these sessions, would be a number one hit 34 years later. Remixed by Dutch DJ JXL, the song was the theme for the 2002 FIFA Worldcup Finals. On this set, you'll hear the original recording.
- Bossa Nova Baby – take 3, January 22, 1963 Although Jailhouse Rock was considered to be Elvis finest movie dancing performance, the Bossa Nova Baby sequence of the 1963 movie 'Fun In Acapulco', might be underrated, and also an acknowledge Elvis that could still move in the 1960s!
- Blue Hawaii - take 3, March 22, 1961 Although the movie was a big international succes, it was also a turning point in the career of Elvis, attempts to re-create its succes, almost killed him as a professional singer.
- He Know Just What I Need - take 9, Oktober 30, 1960. Elvis wanted to be a singer in a gospel quartet, how lucky we are he didnt make it, but gospel music is highly appreciated by fans, here you find a rare outtake from Elvis first sacred album His Hand in Mine, not released on the FTD 'classic album' release.
- Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Undubbed Master (with count in), February 1, 1958. A real rock and roll gemm, recorded by Elvis while he was in the army.Despite the Rickys, Bobbys and Fabians, he was still the King of popular music!
- I Got A Woman - alternate take , January 10, 1956 Attemps to record this song were made at Sun Studios, but after singing up with RCA, this was the first track that was recorded.
- I Love You Because - take 3, july 5, 1954 Recorded at Sun Studios, during his very first commercial recording session, minutes later Rock and Roll was born when That's All Right was recorded.
- Thats All Right - take 3, july 5, 1954. Heres where it all started for popular music. Rock and Roll was born, and nothing would ever be the same.
Complete list of all FTD Releases, currently available and deleted.
This article © Copyright Elvis Australia : No part of this article maybe re-printed for public display without permission.
|Elvis Presley News: delivered by email News Feed SMS|
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet. Never before have we seen an Elvis concert from the 50's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered Unreleased Film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don’t Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever. This is an excellent release no fan should be without it. The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people.
Using Apple iPad/iPhone? Click here for Apple iPad Compatible video.
|Elvis Presley News: delivered by email News Feed SMS|