Elvis Presley : Some Call It Folk CD
However from a marketing perspective we can hardly see an LP called 'Elvis Folk'appealing to his fans in 1971, and let's face it Elvis wasn't recording what the general public would consider Folk. Instead the sound was more of a spontaneous 'unplugged acoustic' feel as opposed to the more recent big ballads or soulful stew of the Memphis sessions. But still ... some call it folk.
Now, with the release of 'Elvis Presley : Some Call It Folk' CD, for the very first time ... finally an Elvis 'Folk' album. Housed in a stunning 3 panel digipack this is a top notch Elvis CD release.
- Fools Rush In (Unedited Master)
- I'm Leavin' (Unedited Master)
- Tomorrow Is A Long Time (take 2)
- Until It's Time For You To Go (take 7)
- Early Morning Rain (take 11)
- I Will Be True (take 2)
- Put Your Hand In The Hand (Unedited Master)
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Overdubbed Master - Differend Mix)
- Snowbird (take 2)
- It's Still Here ( Unedited Master)
- Help Me Make It Through The Night (take 3)
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (take 2 - Edited)
- It's Only Love (unedited Master)
- (That's What You Get) For Lovin' Me (take 10)
- 500 Miles (Home Recording)
- Blowin' In The Wind (Home Recording)
- I'm Leavin' (Recorded Live, 21.08.1974)
- Early Morning Rain (Recorded Live, 21.06.1977)
Tupelo's Own Elvis Presley DVD + 16 page booklet.
Never before have we seen an Elvis Presley concert from the 1950's with sound. Until Now! The DVD Contains recently discovered unreleased film of Elvis performing 6 songs, including Heartbreak Hotel and Don't Be Cruel, live in Tupelo Mississippi 1956. Included we see a live performance of the elusive Long Tall Sally seen here for the first time ever.
This is an excellent release no fan should be without it.
The 'parade' footage is good to see as it puts you in the right context with color and b&w footage. The interviews of Elvis' Parents are well worth hearing too. The afternoon show footage is wonderful and electrifying : Here is Elvis in his prime rocking and rolling in front of 11.000 people. Highly recommended.